Call for Papers
The National Organizing Committee of the Joint International Grasslands Congress and International Rangelands Congress invite abstracts for papers and posters and proposals for concurrent panel sessions to be presented at this global conference, to be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 23rd to 29th October 2021.
The conference shall present a platform to share cutting edge science and practices in management of the planets’ grasslands and rangelands and offer the participants the opportunity to experience the best from the Eastern African savannas.
Abstract submission closed.
The theme of the conference is Sustainable Use of Grassland/Rangeland Resources for Improved Livelihoods. Keynote addresses, oral papers and posters presented at the conference will be organized around seven sub-themes.
- Sub-Theme 1: Rangeland/Grassland Ecology
- Sub-Theme 2: Forage Production and Utilization
- Sub-Theme 3: Livestock Production Systems
- Sub-Theme 4: Wildlife, Tourism and Multi-Facets of Rangeland/Grassland
- Sub-Theme 5: Drought Management and Climate Change in Rangelands/Grasslands
- Sub-Theme 6: Pastoralism, Social, Gender and Policy Issues
- Sub-Theme 7: Capacity, Institutions and Innovations for Sustainable Development in Rangelands/Grasslands
Submission Guidelines: General
Abstracts will be peer-reviewed and the selection criteria will include:
(i) Relevance to the congress theme and sessions;
(ii) Significance of information and enriching current state of knowledge;
(iii) Originality and novelty;
(iv) Structure and clarity;
(v) Scientific validity.
For more information view or download the Third Call for Panels, Papers and Posters.
Deadline for submission of proposals for concurrent panels: 1, October 2019 Extended – 23rd December 2019 abstract sub mission deadline of abstracts for posters or oral presentations Abstract submission closed.